If you read my update post, you’ll know that I have been struggling quite badly lately with my mental health. I feel like I’m stuck in a bit of a rut and have been for sometime now. However I really wanted to start bringing more positivity to my blog and give myself a place where I can recognise the things I have done each week. I thought it would be a good idea to do a series post on my blog maybe every week or every so often on the things that have made me happy within that particular week. I hope this will help me learn to be more positive, acknowledge my achievements and the progress intend to make.
– I got my blogging mojo back this week! After feeling low and struggling to blog the past few weeks, I managed to start this week off the right way. I planned a few posts to make sure I’m keeping myself organised, as when I don’t this is where I tend to run into the most issues. I’m glad I was able to plan some posts, as it’s meant I’ve felt a lot more relaxed when it comes to the writing and photographing stages. Speaking of photography, I had a really successful blog photography session on Tuesday. It’s so good and a relief when your photos actually come out right!
– Yoga! I started doing yoga more often this week. I’ve only ever tried it a couple of times before and found it so difficult at first. It is definitely one of those actives that takes a bit of time to get use to. I mainly wanted to start doing yoga to help with stress/anxiety. I’ve started to do it before I go to sleep, as I find I’m more stressed in the evenings and at night. I’ve been following this routine by Yoga With Adriene. The routine has been so helpful, I’ve found the breathing techniques especially useful. I’ve found myself a lot more relaxed at night afterwards.
– A helping hand and moving closer! My boyfriend, Reece, moved house this week. At the start of the week I helped him pack away some of his things and on Wednesday, I helped him move some bits from his room into his new house. I’m really happy that he’s moved house. Even though his previous home holds a lot of our memories together from the past three years, it will be good for him to have a fresh start. But now he lives closer to where I live, it mean’s I can go see him whenever I want to as it’s only a 5/10 minute walk.
– Sorted out counselling! In last week’s update post I mentioned that I was going to look into going back to counselling. I managed to sort out an appointment for myself next Friday, which surprised me, as I didn’t have be put onto a waiting list or anything. Hopefully it will go well and I’ll be able to receive the help I’m after.
– Sunshine! It’s been so much sunnier this week, particularly this weekend and it has definitely helped to boost my mood. I love waking up to sunshine and it being still fairly light in the evenings. I can’t wait till the temperature warms up now and it really starts to feel like the warmer months are on the way.
What made you happy this week?
Don’t forget to follow me here on Bloglovin and never miss a post!