I feel like this year I have had some amazing makeup discoveries added to my collection and it has just grown the quickest it ever has before. I blame blogging for my increasingly growing makeup collection, but a girl can never have too much, can she? I wanted to share with you all six products that I absolutely loved throughout 2016. You’ve probably seen most of these appear on my blog before, but take this as a recap and a chance to fall back in love with them again if you didn’t before.
1. Sleek Highlighting Palette – Solstice – This product by far has to be my favourite of them all this year and one that I highly recommend to you all. The Sleek – Solstice palette offers you four stunning highlighting shades that are made up of three powders and one cream. This little beauty retails at only £9.99 and you will be completely blown away by the quality of this palette. The pigmentation is amazing and the gold packaging makes this product look a million dollars. I’ve worn this pretty much ever since I got it back in May. It’s a huge must have!
2. Kiko Water Eyeshadow – 208 Light Gold – This shadow reignited my love for eye makeup and using shadows again within my makeup routine. I literally got so much wear out of this gorgeous golden shade throughout the summer months and even into the winter I still seem to pick it up for a pop of shimmer on my lids. The pigmentation of this is crazy good when dry, so I can only imagine that is it even better when used wet. They also feel so creamy on the lid and apply really easily with no real problems at all.
3. NYX Liquid Suede – Vintage – A more recent purchase into my makeup collection is the NYX liquid suede in Vintage. First off, I have been blown away by the quality of lip products from NYX’s lip range. I absolutely love them and they’re super affordable too. I tried the Liquid Suedes after loving the Soft Matte Lip Creams. These are definitely just as good. They last such a long time on the lips without budging and the pigmentation is just great.
4. Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil – This brow product from Soap and Glory has been a complete game changer for me when it comes to doing my eyebrows. Using the tint, I run it across my hairs to give them a little life to more sparse areas. Then I go in with the pencil and this really helps to bring definition to the brows. Both the tint and pencil are so easy to use and make the application process quicker also. I honestly could not fault this one at all. My eyebrows always look so well groomed when using this product.
5. Palmers Natural Bronze Gradual Tan Moisturiser – Any pale girls, you’re going to want to pick this one up for the spring/summer season next year. Throughout the warmer months this year, I fell in love with the Palmers Natural Bronze Gradual Tan Moisturiser. This moisturiser with tanning based properties will always be the one product I go back to whenever I need to add a gorgeous bronzy glow to my skin that look’s 100% natural. This also smells absolutely amazing like cookie dough or melted chocolate. It not only leaves your skin looking tanned, but it also leaves it feel so smooth. This is definitely one to pick up for next year!
6. NYX HD Concealer – I had been on the hunt for the perfect concealer for the longest time, so when NYX came to my local Boots store earlier this year, the NYX HD concealer soon became a top favourite in my collection of being the perfect one. The concealer I use is the lightest of the range, so it really helps to brighten up my under eye and is also great for highlighting the other areas of my face before I go in and set it with a powder highlighter. The formula is so creamy in texture yet feels very light on the skin. It has really good coverage and the best part is the price once again, retailing at only £5.50. NYX have just had it spot on this year for me!
What have been your favourite products of 2016? Have any of yours been mine?
Don’t forget to follow me here on Bloglovin and never miss a post!