With some of us taking part in Blogmas and others of us churning out lots of festive related blog posts over the past month, you might have found yourself stuck come January with a lack of ideas and need a little bit of help with getting your creative spark light once again. I’ve got 55 fabulous content ideas to kick start your 2017. There’s a mixture of everything from beauty and blogging to general life and fashion. Have a read through and gather yourself some inspiration!
1. Blog goals – Talk about your blogging aims for 2017. What sorts of things do you want to improve on or achieve? Is it a certain number of followers on a specific social media page? Do you want to master the flat lay this year? What about setting up your own shop or working with some brands?
2. Favourites of 2016 – It’s never too late to share some of your favourite things of 2016. This could be beauty products, fashion pieces, finds you discovered, foods or memories etc.
3. Life goals – If you’ve already touched on your blogging goals or perhaps haven’t made any, then why not make some short or long term life goals? Maybe you’re graduating University this year, what grade do you want to graduate with? Do you want to learn to drive this year? What about travelling? Any there any new foods you want to try? Let us all know!
4. Travel goals/wishlist – Share what places you’d love to visit this year or within your lifetime. What sort of things would you get up to if you got the chance to go?
5. To do list – Make yourself a to do list for the current month, over the course of the first half of the year or for the whole year. Let your readers know what sort of things they can expect you to be up to.
6. January blue tips – After the festiveness of the Christmas period, the January blues are going to hit very soon. Why don’t you share some of your tips on how to beat the January blues? What things get you through this tough month?
7. Healthy lifestyle tips – No doubt some of us will be aiming for a month healthier 2017. If you know of any easy or useful tips that help you live a more healthier lifestyle then inform your readers and help them out. This could be anywhere from food and being active to promoting good wellbeing and getting a good nights sleep.
8. A 2017 reading list – What books are you going to aim to read this year?
9. A day in the life – Give us an insight into what a day in the life is like for you. Share lots of images and get creative with it.
10. Favourite bloggers of 2016 – Showcase some of your favourite bloggers from 2016. We all love discovering some new blogs.
11. Review some new products – Perhaps you got some new products for Christmas and have been testing them out the past couple of weeks. Let us know what they’re like and recommend your favourites.
12. Q+A – Get your readers to ask you some questions! This is a great way for them to get to know you a little better.
13. Start a new series – You could have lots of fun with this one! Upload a new part every week or fortnight. It could be about blogging, a how to series, taboo topics, favourite outfits of the week etc.
14. Blogging resource tips – Gather together all your own blogging tips posts or other peoples in one big resource post!
15. Wardrobe loves for Winter – What pieces have you loved wearing throughout winter?
16. How you stay organised – Lots of us want to get organised for 2017. Share your own methods of staying organised.
17. Highlight an achievement – Talk about something amazing that you achieved, no matter how big or small. Be proud of what you achieved, but also know that your experience could help and motivate others to do the same.
18. Your blogging predictions for 2017 – What do you think will be big in the blogging world in 2017? Will it continue to grow bigger and bigger? Start a discussion!
19. Your favourite things about winter – We’re well into winter now. Share what you love about this frosty cold season.
20. Any blog changes/rebrands – Are you switching things up on your blog for 2017? Perhaps a new design, change in topics or a complete rebrand. Inform your readers so they know what to expect.
21. Money saving tips for after Christmas – With everyone spending lots over Christmas on presents, food and gatherings, we’re all probably tightly stretched for money in January. Share some money savings tips to help us all out.
22. Favourite ways to relax – How do you enjoy relaxing? Everyone needs some downtime at least once a week.
23. Favourite pick me ups/mood boosters – How do you get yourself out of a low mood or slump? What sorts of things help you? It’s those January blues again!
24. A blog content preview for the year ahead – Share a little preview of what your readers can expect from you content wise this year. It will get everyone excited and on the look out for it.
25. How to stay motivated and work towards your goals – Sadly most new years resolutions are out of the window by the first week or two, so help these people out and inform them how they can stay motivated and continue working on their goals for the year without giving up straight away.
26. Revisit old topics from last year – If you’ve been blogging for at least a year, there’s probably some posts within your blog that might need updating or revisiting. Take a look back on some topics you could cover again and make them more current.
27. Fun winter activities – Winter doesn’t have to be boring. Make a list of a varied amount of activities everyone can get up to for the next couple of months.
28. A fashion wishlist – Simple but one we all love having a nosey at!
29. A beauty wishlist – The same but a beauty lovers galore!
30. January/new year beauty releases – Find out who and what is being released into the beauty world for the start of 2017. Perhaps you could even treat yourself to a few to make way for more posts.
31. Things to do before spring – Spring is only two months away now, so what last minute things could we get done now before the season starts to change?
32. Rainy or snow day ideas – No one wants to be stuck inside all the time, especially if we’re bored. What can we do when its raining or snowing out?
33. Share a new recipe – Have you been cooking anything lately that you’d be willing to share? This would be super handy for anyone who wants to learn some new meal ideas.
34. Winter playlist – What music is getting you through the winter blues? Or perhaps you could create your own playlist for others to enjoy too?
35. DIY calendar – Here comes those organisation skills again. Get creative and show your readers how they can create their own calendar for 2017.
36. Skincare in winter – What products have been your skincare saviours this winter?
37. Winter workout – How is your workout different in winter? Maybe you’ve started up a new routine for 2017 and you could get others to join you in this new workout by posting it up on your blog.
38. Winter wardrobe essentials – What’s been keeping you snug as a bug this winter? We all love a cosy number or two!
39. Winter pieces to wear now and next season – We’re getting through Winter now, so it might be a little too late to buy some winter only items, but why not shop or find some items within your wardrobe that you can get away with wearing in both winter and spring. Show us how you style them and work them for both seasons.
40. Favourite winter drinks – Is it a delicious warm hot chocolate? Or maybe a winter inspired scented cocktail? Share us those recipes!
41. Winter date ideas – Valentines will be here before we know it, but there’s also time before then to go with your other half or a new interest for some cute dates. Make a list of the top places or things to do on wintery dates.
42. How do you decorate your home once the Christmas period is over – Now the tree, lights and all the sparkles have been took down, do you have swap anything out or bring any pieces back? Let us have an inside peek into your home now the festiveness has gone.
43. Tips/hacks on surviving winter – Some of might not prefer winter (totally on about me here hahaha #summergirl) and might need a little bit of help on surviving this time of the year. You could touch on what to wear, how to look after yourself, fun things you could do to fall a little in love with it etc.
44. How to stay healthy during winter and not get poorly – No one likes to be ill anytime of the year, but in particular during winter when there’s lots more germs about. Let us know how we can all stay extra healthy and prevent getting any illnesses.
45. Brands you want to try more from – What brands do you love and want to try lots more from?
46. Brands you’d love to work with – What brands would you love to collaborate on a post or two?
47. Top Netflix picks for 2017/Winter – New series or movies are getting added on Netflix every so often, so why not put a list together of your top picks for 2017 or a must watch list for Winter?
48. What’s in your bag (winter edition) – Be realistic and show us what’s actually inside there!
49. Craft projects – Love to get your craft on and know your readers will too, then showcase some new craft projects they could sink their teeth into for 2017.
50. Blogging essentials/tools – What do you tools and essentials do you use to create your blog and the content you do?
51. Decluttering tips – 2017 is the perfect time to have a good ol’ sort out and throw away anything you might not need anymore. Share how you have an organised and efficient clear out.
52. Good habits for the year – There’s nothing wrong with having some good habits in your life. Make a list of all the ones that everyone could find useful if they incorporated them into their life more for 2017.
53. Showcase the bloggers who deserve more recognition/will be successful in 2017 – These are those small or growing bloggers who deserve that much needed recognition for all their hard work and those who will continue to grow bigger and bigger within the blogging world. Who do you have in mind?
54. Blogging space – Where do you blog from? Take a few snaps of your space and show how well your space works for you! Give others ideas and tips on creating their own blogging zone.
55. A spring preview – Get ready for the next season by showcasing some of the new previews for the Spring season. This could be those product releases we were talking about, perhaps some predicted fashion or homeware trends, what things everyone should be doing come Spring time etc.
What content can we expect from your blog in early 2017?
Don’t forget to follow me here on Bloglovin and never miss a post!