Christmas is known for being one of the busiest times of the year with running around trying to buy everyone’s presents and gathering all the festive food together to put on a feast for your family on the big day, we can sometimes forget to take care of and even treat ourselves to something extra special for Christmas and to mark the end of the year. I did a post a few days back on how to spend me time, but I now have 5 ways you can treat yourself this Christmas, because after all you bloody well deserve to!
1. Buy yourself that gift – Yes, I’m talking about the one you’ve been putting people off buying you and even yourself throughout the most of the year, well now’s the perfect opportunity to go treat yourself to it. Splurge on it and don’t feel guilty about it. Unless you really cannot afford it, save up for it in the new year and perhaps it might go down in price. Just go get whatever it is you want. You deserve it after all. Enjoy it.
2. Have a pamper – Everyone deserves to have a little pamper session, whether you’re female or male, old or young, take some time out the craziness of the festive season and just unwind. Run yourself a hot bath, light a couple of candles and breathe easy. You can even pick up your favourite beauty products like face masks, body creams, massage oils, any tanning or nail products to really go all out, because when you feel good, you also look good too. This will also prepare your mind and body for any busy Christmas gatherings/parties you may have coming up over the next few days.
3. Indulge in your favourite foods – Christmas is one of the best time of the year for all the different types of delicious food. It’s also the perfect time not to feel guilty about what you’re eating and not to be so focused on your body image. If you want to eat a particular food, then go for it and don’t care about what anybody else thinks. Have lots of hot chocolates on the sofa of an evening, take that last piece of chocolate log off the dining table, pile up your plate with lots of roast potatoes and pigs in blankets.
4. Get lost in the world of fiction – Reading is honestly one of the best things for you. It has so many benefits to it. With time away from the real world, Christmas gives you the chance to escape to another place and truly relax from the everyday routine you’ve been living the past twelve months. Cosy up with a blanket and a sweet treat on a winters day or evening and get lost in the pages of an exciting book or two of your choice.
5. Get your hair done – This could slightly link in with pampering yourself, but getting your hair done is a great way to treat yourself. If you have any family gatherings or parties to go to, then getting your hair done is good for looking and feeling good also. You could go for a complete restyle for the new year approaching, a freshen up on your current colour or go for a completely different shade, you could also get your hair professional styled in an updo to be completely party ready.
How do you plan on treating yourself this Christmas?
Don’t forget to follow me here on Bloglovin and never miss a post!