Haircare is such an important part of your beauty regime that sometimes can be forgotten about if you’re not caring for it daily. I find it is especially more important in the summer time, when you’re exposed to the humidity and heat a lot more than usual. Also some of us love to go lighter in the summer, which means a lot of damage being caused by bleaching. Instead of letting our haircare slide, it’s a good idea to find a good routine or even some great products that work wonders on your hair. I’m sharing with you 5 ways to better hair care that you can start straight away:
1. Tangle Teezer – I literally could not be without this tool now! They’re completely worth the hype and fit so well into my hair care routine. This paddle like brush is perfect at detangling dry or wet hair without creating any breakages, knots or damage to the hair. It’s honestly one of the best hair tools I’ve used. Even though they’re kind of a weird shape, they are also so easy to use and hold, as well as being super travel friendly. If you want a gentle and quick brush to help detangle your hair, then you need to get a Tangle Teezer.
2. Hair oil – I didn’t really use to bother with this step much until I tried the L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil. It’s seriously been a game changer. You can use this on either wet or dry hair, but I definitely prefer to use it after I’ve just washed my hair and I’m preparing my hair to be dried. Not only does the L’oreal oil smell incredible, but it is also a non-sticky and non-greasy formula, that helps to protect your hair from heat whilst leaving it feeling so soft and smooth. It also creates such a healthy shine. Another one I really could not be without!
3. No heat – This one is a pretty obvious one and one that does get preached around a lot, but with Summer now here it’s the perfect opportunity to really start incorporating no heat into your routine. When I have cut down on the amount of heat exposure on my hair even when it’s been in the worst possible condition ever, I’ve noticed such a big difference in the way my hair has looked and felt. Instead of using hairdryers to dry your hair, let it air dry naturally and make good use of the warm air. Also learn and practice some heatless hairstyles, so you don’t have to keep using your heated styling tools to create different looks. This is also important during the summer time when it is hot and you want to get your hair off and out of your face. But if you find that hard, then always ensure you use a heat protectant. My favourite is the Tresemme Heat Defence spray.
4. Hair mask – If you have dry and damaged hair or bleach your hair regularly, then a hair mask will literally become your best friend. The one I am loving right now is the Lee Stafford Coco Loco mask. Again another amazing smelling products, but one with tonnes of benefits for your hair. This mask helps to moisturise, strengthen and repair damaged, weak or dry hair. I always find my hair is always so smooth and soft once I’ve used this. I like to use this in between the shampoo and conditioning stages and I leave it on the mid-lengths and ends for roughly 5/10 minutes.
5. Regular trims – When I had really long hair, I use to dread having my haircut and having to say goodbye to the length, but it genuinely is so much better for hair growth. Once you’ve had those split ends chopped off, you can enable your hair to grow healthily and regularly once again. Your hair stylist can offer you further professional advice on what work treatments and care will best for your hair type and condition. Plus doesn’t your hair just look and feel so much better once it’s been cut?!?!
How do you like to take care of your hair?
This post contains affiliate links.