Improving my skin is always something I’ll always work hard towards, which I’m sure a lot of you will also be able to agree with. Skin care is so important. Even if you have amazing skin and have very little problems with it, there’s probably a routine or a particular thing you do to try maintain this. Unless you’re really blessed with flawless skin, then please do remain forever grateful. But for those of us who have issues, then I’ve got 14 ways you can take better care of your skin.
1. Don’t touch your face – For me this is one I actually struggle with a lot, particularly when I’m sat with my phone, scrolling through social media. My hand will be resting on my chin or cheek, which is mainly the areas I get spots in. This is caused by dirt and bacteria from your hands that then leads to clogged pores and break outs. Tip: Only touch when necessary!
2. Drink lots of water – Staying hydrated overall is so important, when it comes to skin care it is no different. Drinking water will flush any toxins out of the skin, which will help to prevent break outs. It also has also been proven to give your face a more radiant glow.
3. Eat well – Ensuring you are getting the right nutrients and vitamins is great for your skin! It is known to give your complexion an even and healthy look.
4. Exercise – Exercise is very beneficial to your skin. When being active, your blood flow increases, which helps to nourish your skin cells and also during a hard work out, you sweat out any toxins.
5. A good skin care routine – I didn’t realise the importance of a good skin care routine until I started suffering with break outs. Now it’s something I follow daily. Finding products that work well for your skin and maintaining your routine is highly beneficial to the look and feel of your skin.
6. Remember to always wash your face!
7. And your makeup brushes – The chore we all dread, but one that can be crucial to our skin. Bacteria and dirt sit on your brushes, so washing them regularly will prevent these unnecessary germs being passed onto your skin.
8. Know your skin type – Find out what your skin type is through self teaching or through a beauty consultant. Once you know what your skin is like, it will be easier to manage your skin a lot better and know what does/doesn’t work for you.
9. Find the right makeup products – Now you know your skin type, chose the makeup products that work well for your skin type. For example, if you have really dry skin, you’ll probably want to avoid any mattifying products that will cling to these dry areas and extenuate them.
10. Always take your makeup off at night – No matter how tired you are, always take your makeup off at the end of the day. Give your skin that chance to breathe over night.
11. Be kind & gentle to your skin
12. Exfoliate – Remember to exfoliate at least once a week to remove any dead skin cells.
13. Hydration – Not only does water keep you hydrated, but so can other skin products, such as moisturisers and serums. Even if you have oily skin, it is important to keep your skin hydrated, just as much as it is when you are prone to dryness.
14. Keep hair away from the face – Oils from your hair, especially those with oily hair can blend with skin cells and block pores, resulting in break outs and acne. If you don’t fancy keeping it off your face during the day, then why not tie it back and out of the way at night whilst you’re asleep!
How do you look after your skin? What tips do you have?
Don’t forget to follow me here on Bloglovin and never miss a post!